Stop panicking. Period.
Don’t you hate it when someone tells you “Stop panicking” as if that suggestion will magically halt your panic attack? I know I do.
That is why, today, I am bringing you my best suggestions on what to do when you are having a panic attack.
But first, what is a panic attack?
A panic attack is a sudden onset of anxiety or worry that grips you. Panic attack is an overwhelming event and is accompanied by physical and emotional symptoms.
Panic attacks usually have the following symptoms:
- “Racing” heart
- Feeling weak, faint, or dizzy
- Tingling or numbness in the hands and fingers
- Sense of terror, or impending doom or death
- Feeling sweaty or having chills
- Chest pains
- Breathing difficulties
- Feeling a loss of control
Because of the kind of symptoms, people may feel as if they are having a heart attack or a stroke or are dying.Read More